Here are ten quick and easy tips to for how to save money without really even trying. They are fun, simple little tips and changes that add up to a lot of savings.
Tips to Save Money
- Clean out your closet and do a clothes swap at work — one woman’s junk is another woman’s treasure.
- Get rid of your home phone if you have a cell.
- Or, if you keep your home phone and get rid of caller ID, call waiting and all the other add-ons.
- Another critical tip to save money is to keep track of how much you reduce your monthly expenses. My husband did this one summer and found that he lowered our monthly expenses by $800 a month. He wrote it on a white marker board in our office. Caller Id -$4.00, Zephyrhills water -$56.00 and so on. We now track and record everything. I use a great ipad app – Ace Budget 2. Make a game out of it.
- Save something every paycheck. If you have direct deposit get some put right into a separate savings account even if it’s only a few bucks. The trick is doing it immediately before you have a chance to spend it. if it goes in automatically you don’t even see it.
- Decipher between NEEDS and WANTS. Put “wish-list” items on a 30 day list and then re-evaluate. This eliminates impulse shopping.
- Never and I mean NEVER pay full price. You are crazy if you do. Bargin shop.
- Buy quality, timeless items that will last versus the latest trends.
- Buy store brand versus name brand products. Most store brands are really name brand products in a different wrapper.
- The last of the tips to save money – Go to the library. Personally I love to own my books, but my new library has a great used book store attached to it and I can get hardback books for $1.00 each, paperback for $0.50 and magazines for a dime!
Please share with me any quick tips to save money that you use often.