Any dish with Velveeta and Rotel is scrumptious and this Velveeta Rotel Chicken Spaghetti could be considered a grown up Velveeta mac and cheese delight. It’s a great chicken casserole recipe that has been modified a bit from some Southern church recipe books and you need to give it a try. This is hearty comfort food at its best and will feed a big group with leftovers to spare.
- Rotisserie Chicken (de-boned & chopped) or you can you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 – Can Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chilies (do not completely drain). Or, if you do not like things with a little “kick” you can substitute regular diced tomatoes.
- 1 – Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 – Lb Box of Velveeta Cheese Cubed
- ⅓ – Cup of Milk
- ¾ – Box of Spaghetti or Penne Pasta (I used the whole wheat Penne pasta when I made it last and it was great)
- ¾ ~ Stick of Real Butter
- 1 – Medium Red Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1 – Chopped Jalapeno (you can leave this out if you want a more mild dish, or substitute with red or green bell pepper).
- 1 – Medium onion chopped
- Cook spaghetti or penne pasta according to directions on box.
- Melt butter, sauté bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and onion
- Add Velveeta Cheese and Rotel Tomatoes, soup and milk, to sautéed bell pepper, japaleno (optional) and onion mixture. Mix thoroughly over medium heat.
- Add pasta and mix together.
- Last, add the chopped chicken and give it one last mix. The cheese does not need to completely melt as it will do so in the oven.
- Pour Rotel chicken spaghetti into casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes
Try this Skinny Margarita Recipe. It’s the perfect drink to go with this Velveeta Rotel Chicken Spaghetti recipe.
You might also enjoy some other great comfort food recipes using Velveeta Cheese:
Or, for even more Velveeta recipe ideas, visit their official website: Velveeta – Kraft Recipes