Not sure what to cook for dinner? Need some quick, low cost meal ideas? Here are 21 quick and easy, budget-friendly Velveeta Cheese recipes. Recipe ideas contain only a few ingredients and they are likely things you keep on hand. Some ideas are ways to quickly “jazz” up a pre-packaged product for a homemade taste that’s great.
Velveeta Cheese is a staple in most homes and has been since the early 1900′s when it was first made. Its velvety smooth texture and meltability make it a great addition to many recipes and its long shelf like means no waste due to spoilage. While many may frown upon this processed cheese product, it was actually the first cheese product to gain the American Media Associations’s seal of approval.
Try some of these delicious Velveeta Cheese recipes and quickly see how adding in some Velveeta Cheese can create rich and creamy yumminess! Ah … the comforts of comfort food.
Velveeta Cheese Recipes – Appetizers:
1. Beefy Queso Dip (of course) – Brown and drain 1 lb of lean ground beef. Add 1 can of well drained Rotel Tomatoes, 1 can of cream soup (cream of mushroom, cheddar or chicken). Stir well on medium heat until blended. Finally add 1 box of Velveeta Cheese cubed. Stir until melted and creamy. Turn to the lowest heat and keep on stove and serve in small dip bowls. Or, after browning ground beef everything can be placed in a crock pot. Heat on high until melted and then lower heat to low or warm setting. Serve with your favorite Tortilla Chips or Frito Scoops.
2. Sausage Dip – Brown a pack of Italian sausage, drain. Add 1 can well drained Rotel tomatoes and 1/2 package Velveeta Cheese. A great twist with a different flavor. This is thicker and great served with Scoops or Fritos.
3. Chili Cheese Dip – Add cubed Velveeta Cheese to a can of Chili and microwave until melted and hot. Stirring occasionally. Serve with Tortilla Chips or Frito Scoops.
4. Fruit & Cheese Poppers – Simply cube it up and incorporate it on a cheese tray with other cheese selections and fruit. Or a fun idea is to cube the cheese and place a grape on top and stick it with a toothpick to hold in place. Guests can grab and pop in their mouth. No need for serving utensils.
Velveeta Cheese Recipes – Main Meals:
5. Velveeta Rotel Chicken Spaghetti - Grown up mac and cheesy goodness and a favorite of the Velveeta Cheese recipes. Here is the recipe: Velveeta Rotel Chicken Spaghetti.
6. Mac and Cheesy Cheese – Jazz up a boxed mac and cheese by adding a bit of Velveeta Cheese for an instant taste of home made. Through in some Parmesan cheese or other cheese you have on hand for an even more “gourmet” taste. Place it in a casserole dish, top with a little more Velveeta is you like and then bake at 350 degrees for a few minutes until the cheese is melted, a bit browned and bubbly.
7. Beefy Salsa Mac – Make a boxed mac and cheese as directed. Add some ground beef and add a cup or so of salsa or a drained can of Rotel Tomatoes.
8. Fiesta Scrambled Eggs – Mix 8 – 10 eggs with a large tablespoon of sour cream (instead of milk). Add 1 can well drained Rotel Tomatoes and approximately 1 to 1-1/2 cups Velveeta Cheese cubes. Vary amount based on number of eggs. I use 2 eggs per person. Cook scrambled eggs as usual and stir occasionally until cheese is melted. A delicious twist on scrambled eggs.
9. Cheesy Broccoli Potato – Add Velveeta Cheese and some steamed broccoli to a baked potato for a quick meal.
10. Cheesy Potato – Same as above but without the broccoli.
11. Grilled Cheese – Just butter up some bread and place a slice of Velveeta Cheese (from the boxed variety not the sliced singles) in between and grill it up.
12. Hot Dogs & Crescent Rolls – Take a pack of Crescent Rolls and roll them out and carefully break apart as indicated. Place 1 hotdog and a narrow slice of Velveeta Cheese in each and roll shut, pinching slightly to seal. Bake as directed on package.
13. Velveeta Cheese Fondue – Melt Velveeta Cheese in fondue pot. Can also added some fresh grated Parmesan cheese or other cheeses you may have on hand. Stir until melted. Season as desired. Serve with cubed up French Bread and slices of Granny Smith apples (tart goes great with the cheese).
14. Stuffed Peppers – Add Velveeta Cheese to your favorite stuffed pepper recipe. You can add a slice to the top or add a few cubes to the stuffing in each pepper.
15. Nachos – Top a plate of nacho chips with with browned ground beef, salsa and top with Velveeta Cheese. You can place in the oven for a quick melt or even microwave for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
16. Stuffed Cheese Burger – Top a grilled burger with a bit or stuff the burger with a cube or two. If stuffing, be sure to seal the edges really well so it stays inside the burger and doesn’t ooze out. You can also add a slice to any sandwich for some cheesy goodness.
17. Broccoli Cheese Soup – Cook 2 packages broccoli florets with 2 15 oz. cans of chicken broth until tender. Puree with a hand blender and then add 8-12 oz. Cubed Velveeta Cheese. Stir until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. OR, you can simply use a broccoli soup starter mix and cook as directed and added the cubed Velveeta at the end and stir on low until melted. Super easy.
18. Potato Cheese Soup – Can prepare like Broccoli Cheese Soup (above), replacing the broccoli with the potato.
Velveeta Cheese Recipes – Sides:
19. Cheesy Cornbread Muffins – Add some cubed Velveeta Cheese and a finely diced Jalapeno Pepper to a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and you will forever change the way you eat corn bread. These are great and can be served with any one of these meal ideas.
20. Broccoli Rice Casserole – Make a package of Uncle Ben’s or Lipton’s Broccoli Cheddar Rice as Directed. Add 2 cups steamed and chopped broccoli and 1 to 1-1/2 cups cubed Velveeta Cheese. Stir all together and place in a baking dish and heat at 350 degrees just till hot and bubbly approximately 20 minutes or so.You can also add a sauteed onion if you’d like.
21. Broccoli with Cheese Sauce – Simply melt the Velveeta in the microwave and pour over or toss the prepared steamed broccoli.
For more creative and delicious Velveeta Cheese recipes out the Velveeta Kraft Recipes website.
Also, always watch for sales. Since this product has a long shelf life you can stock up. Better yet, get it on sale AND use a coupon. Check for a coupon now.
Please share any other quick and easy Velveeta Cheese recipes you have.