Crock Pot Taco Soup Recipe
This is a very quick and easy Crock Pot Taco Soup recipe that you can make in a crock pot or slow cooker for a simple evening meal. It’s got a spicy “kick” to it, but the flavor heat can be adjusted based on the type of tomatoes that are used. There is also ranch dressing mix in it that adds a special cool twist to the heat and flavor.
Author: Lisa Duncan
Recipe type: Crock Pot Soup
- Ingredients for Crock Pot Taco Soup:
- 1-1/2 pounds of Hamburger meat browned
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 3 Cans of Original Rotel Tomatoes (can substitute with diced tomatoes for less “heat” – do not drain)
- 1 Can of Pinto Beans (do not drain liquid)
- 2 Cans of Corn (whole kernel, do not drain liquid)
- 1 Can Diced Green Chilis
- 1 Package of Taco Season
- 2 Packages of Ranch Dressing (Hidden Valley)
- ½ Cups of Water
- Corn Chips (optional)
- Shredded cheese or Velveeta cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Green Onions (optional)
- Black Olives (optional)
- Brown ground beef and diced onion until done. Drain and place in crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients listed above into the crock pot and stir just a bit to mix up all the ingredients.
- Cook the Taco Soup in the crock pot on low for 4 hours for all the flavors to combine.
- Serve with corn chips.
- Garnish this easy Crock Pot Taco Soup recipe with sour cream and grated cheddar cheese, grated Mexican style cheese, or it’s great with cubed up Velveeta Cheese. The Velveeta cheese melts nicely and makes the Taco soup nice and creamy. You can also garnish with green onions and black olives if it suits your tastes.
Additional garnish options for this Crock Pot Taco Soup recipe include: avocados and diced tomatoes. Basically whatever Mexican favorites you have on hand.
Try this Skinny Margarita Recipe. It’s the perfect drink to go with this Crock Pot Taco Soup recipe.
Other Mexican Favorites:
Skinny Margarita Recipe - It’s the perfect drink to go with this Crock Pot Taco Soup recipe.