Save Calories with this Skinny Margarita Recipe
This Skinny Margarita recipe has only 100 – 140 calories versus the 500 calories for the Classic Margarita! It’s the sugar mixer that adds all of the calories and this is made with fresh lime juice instead. The calorie range is primarily based on the type of tequila that you use. This is my Living Frugal Tips take on the “official” ready-made Skinny Girl Margarita recipe that comes pre-bottled. My version is equally low in the calories and tastes just as great!
Author: Lisa Duncan
Recipe type: Drinks
- Skinny Margarita Recipe Ingredients and Calorie Count:
- 1-1/2 oz Tequila (silver tequila 65-70 calories, standard tequila 95-105 calories)
- A splash of Triple Sec – Cointreau brand (25 calories) Note: 1 oz = 80 calories
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice – squeeze 2-3 wedges (10 calories)
- Combine: 1-1/2 oz Tequila (silver tequila 65-70 calories, standard tequila 95-105 calories)
- Add a splash of Triple Sec – Cointreau brand (25 calories) Note: 1 oz = 80 calories
- Add1 tbsp. fresh lime juice – squeeze 2-3 wedges (10 calories)
- Pour above ingredients into a shaker with ice cubes or stir all the Skinny Margarita ingredients together to mix and chill.
- Rub a cut lime around the rim of a glass and dip the rim into a plate of salt until it’s coated in crystals (optional).
- Pour into the glass and serve your Skinny Margarita on the rocks and garnish with a lime wedge!
Where the “frugal” comes in for this Skinny Margarita recipe is in the calorie reduction. CHEERS to this Living Frugal Tips Skinny Margarita Recipe! Enjoy. A Great Light Suggestion to Go With the Skinny Margarita Recipe: Watermelon Salsa – to accompany veggies or chips, or top grilled chicken or pork for a great Caribbean twist to any dish.